The City of Beloit offers a Recycling Center that is open to the residents of the City of Beloit, Towns of Beloit, Newark, and Turtle Residents.
Recycling Drop Off Center
Located At Beloit Public Works Operations Facility
2351 Springbrook Court (at the back of the building).
Saturdays 9:00am to 12:00pm. (Closed for some holidays, see schedule below)
Items Accepted at the Recycling Center
- NEW (added fee) – All Electronics (Monitors, Hard drives, Speakers, Lap Top, etc) ($5.00 each)
For more information on E-Cycle click [here]
- Televisions ($5.00 each)
- Metal Cans
- Phone Books
- Junk Mail
- Gift Wrap/Cards
- Plastics #1- 7
- Scrap Metal
- Waste Oil & Oil Filters
- Auto Batteries
- Tires ($6 Each, 17″ or smaller, no rims)
- Appliances(Microwaves) ($15 Each)
- Bulky Items ($15 Each)
- Bagged Waste in 32 gal bags ($2.00 Per Bag)
Tip: Save $5 by by delivering your bulky/appliance to the recycling drop off center.
Recycle Oil Filters & Oil Absorbents – Effective January 1, 2011 WI DNR has banned the disposal of used oil filters and oil absorbents in the landfills. Used oil filters and oil absorbents from a non-routine spill over on gallon must now be recycled!
- Oil filters include: cars, trucks, motorcycles, snowmobiles, forklifts, farm tractors, ATV’s and UTV’s only.
- Absorbents include: granular kitty-litter, oil dry, rags, wipes, pater toweling and absorbent pillows (pigs and pad’s)
Holidays That Cause Recycling Center Closures
Spring Holiday, Saturday, April 11, 2020
Independence Day, July 4, 2020
Thanksgiving, Saturday, November 28, 2020
Christmas, Saturday, December 26, 2020
New Year, January 2, 2021
Recycling Center Tips
TIP: Household batteries may be recycled at URT Processing, LLC, 2535 Beloit Ave., Janesville, WI or Batteries Plus, 3200 Wellington Pl, Janesville, WI.
TIP: Waste Oil, automotive batteries, antifreeze and tires are not accepted at the curb.
TIP: Chemicals and other hazardous items, paint, and tires larger than 17″ are NOT accepted at this site or at curbside.