Monthly curbside collection of yard waste takes place on the following dates on your regular trash and recycling day.
- April 6 – 9 & April 13 – 16
- May 11 – 14
- June 15 – 18
- July 13 – 16
- August 10 – 13
- September 14 – 17
- October 12 – 15
Yard waste must be on the curb by 6 a.m. the day of your regular solid waste collection. A $2 sticker will be required for each bag, container and bundle.
- Included: Contained leaves, grass clippings, garden debris, brush and shrubbery. No litter allowed.
- How: Use paper yard waste bags, or clean trash containers for leaves, grass clippings and garden debris (<39 gallons and <60 pounds). Plastic bags of any type will not be collected. All brush and shrubbery should be no larger than 4’ long by 4” in diameter and bundled to 4’x2’.
- Where: Set yard waste 3 feet away from your regular trash on the curb.
(Updated April 21, 2020, due to COVID-19)
Yard waste stickers are available at the following locations:
- Ace Hardware (both locations)
- Walgreens (All three locations)
We are also offering a contact-less purchase opportunity for those unable to purchase the yard waste stickers in person at the above locations. Stickers will be available for purchase by credit/debit card over the phone by calling the Clerk-Treasurer’s office at 608-364-6663 or Public Works at 608-364-2929. Upon completion of the purchase, the yard waste stickers will be mailed to you.
OTHER YARD WASTE DISPOSAL OPTIONS
Complete Compost LLC
1105 E LT Townline Rd
Janesville, WI 53546
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Saturday
7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Fees do apply